The ada pradhaman is a sweet treat of coconut milk, jaggery and rice ada.
Heat water in a sauce pan. Add in Jaggery powder and stir until they dissolve. Strain for any lumps.
Now heat the sauce pan again add in the rice ada flakes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add in the Thin coconut milk and cook until the rice flakes are cooked well.
Add in the thick coconut milk and cook for few mins. Heat ghee in a pan. Add in the cashews and roast them until golden brown. Add them into the Pradhamam and cook for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Rice ada flakes can be soaked in water for few minutes to make them soft.But i prefer cooking them in coconut milk so as it enhances in taste.
- Coconut flakes can also be roasted with cashews and added as a topping.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Ada Pradhamam / Rice Flakes Kheer
- Heat water in a sauce pan. Add in powdered jaggery.
- Stir until the jaggery dissolves. Strain for any lumps.
- Heat the jaggery syrup again and bring it to boil. Add in the rice ada flakes. Cook for few minutes.
- Add in the thin coconut milk and cook until the rice flakes are cooked soft. Add in the thick coconut milk and cook for few minutes.
- Heat ghee in another pan. Roast the cashews until golden brown.
- Add the cashews along with ghee into the ada pradhamam. Give a quick stir and switch off the flame.
- Delicious ada pradhamam is now ready to be served.