|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time:20 Min|
|Recipe type: Dessert||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Apple – 2 small
Milk -1.5 Cups
Vanilla Extract – 6 drops
Sugar – 1/4 Cup
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Cashews and dry fruits – 1 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Apple Kheer:
- Peel the apple. Grate the apple and set aside.
- Heat Ghee in a Pan. Add nuts and dry fruits. Roast them and set aside. Add milk into the same ghee. Allow to boil and let it thicken for 5 minutes.
- Add grated apple into milk. Let it boil. Milk will cuddle a little due to the soarness of the apples. This is completely ok and this is even more tasty at the end. Keep cooking in low flame until the apple blends well with the milk.
- When the apple has blended well, add sugar and vanilla extract. Cook for another 5 minutes in low flame. Garnish with dry fruits and nuts of your choice.
- Due to the soarness of apple milk will cuddle a little. This is completely ok and this is even more tasty at the end.
- Vannila Extract give a nice flavour to the Kheer so do not substitiue this.
- As a healthier option sugar can be replaced with honey.
Apple Kheer can be served as an after meal dessert.