For Carrot Halwa recipe Click Here
Ingredients – Beetroot Halwa Recipe
Prep time: 5 Min | Cooking time : 30 Min | Serves:2
Butter or Ghee – 3 tsp
Beetroot Grated – 1 Cup
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Nuts and Dry Fruits – 3 tsp
- Wash the Beetroots and Peel them. Grate them using a grater.
- Heat 1tsp ghee in a kadai. Roast the nuts and dry fruits in this ghee. I have used only pistachios. Set the roasted pistas aside.
- Add Grated beetroot in the same Ghee and roast it until the raw smell leaves. When the beetroots are 50% cooked add milk.
- Cook in low flame until all the milk evoparates and blends with beetroot. When 75% of milk has evaporated add sugar and ghee and cook well. Beetroot reaches a glossy texture in this stage. The Beetroot Halwa is now ready.
- Now switch off the flame and garnish with nuts.
- Any choice of nuts and dry fruits can be added for garnishing.
- Cook the entire recipe in low flame for best results.