Beetroot Payasam / Beetroot Payasam is a colorful dessert.
- 3/4 Cup Beetroot Grated
- 1.5 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Rose Water
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- Nuts for Garnishing
- 1/2 Cup Vermicelli/ Semiya Roasted
Peel and Grate Beetroot.
Heat ghee in a wok. Roast the ruts and set them aside.
In the same ghee add in the grated beetroot and roast them until they are cooked well.
Add in Milk and bring it to boil.
Add in the roasted vermicelli. Cook until the vermicelli cooked well.
Add in rose water and give it a quick stir.
Garnish with the roasted nuts and switch off the flame.
Delicious Beetroot semiya payasam is now ready to serve.
- Beetroot must be sauted well before adding the milk.
- Any choice of nuts can be added.
- Sugar can be replaced with condensed will. It completely gives out a great taste.
- I have used fine varitey vermicelli so it cooked easily. If using thick variety them add 1/2 cup more milk and cook until the vermicelli is cooked soft.
- I have used roasted vermicelli. If using non roasted variety then roast the vermicelli seperately in ghee and then add them into the payasam.
- Rose water can be replaced with Cardamom powder or vanilla extract.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Beetroot Payasam / Beetroot Kheer
- Heat ghee in a wok add in cashews and saute them until golden brown remove them from ghee and set them aside.
- In the same ghee add in Beetroot and saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in milk.
- Let the milk boil.
- Add in Semiya/Vermicelli. Give a quick stir.
- Add in Sugar. Cook until they blend well.
- Add in Rose water and give a quick stir.
- Add in roasted cashews and switch off the flame.
- Beetroot Vermicelli Kheer is now ready to serve.
- Beetroot Semiya payasam can be served Chilled too.