Bitter Gourd Stir Fry
|Prep time: 15 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time: 30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Spicy and Bitter|
Bitter Gourd – 1 Cup Chopped
Onion – 1 chopped
Curry Leaves – a spring
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Chilli Powder or Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coconut – 3 tablespoon grated
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Jeera / Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Salt To Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Bitter Gourd Stir Fry:
- Wash and clean the bitter gourd. Remove the seeds from the bitter gourd.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add oil. Add Cumin Seeds and allow it to splutter. Add in curry leaves and saute them. Add in onion and saute them. Add in the chopped bitter gourd. Sprinkle water and cook them with the vessel closed. Stir occasionally.
- Add in turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to taste. Cook until the masalas blend well. Add in coconut and give a quick stir.
- Bitter Gourd Stir Fry is now ready to serve.
- While cooking bitter gourd if you feel the mixture is dry sprinkle water then and there saute it once and cook with vessel closed with a lid.
Bitter Gourd Stir fry can be serve with steamed rice and sambar/Rasam/Veg gravies.