Black Forest Cake…. is many layers of chocolate cake with cherry, whipped cream and chocolate. Hubby is busy in office for his quarter end revenue accomplishments. I got lot of free time this week end. So tried this Black Forest Cake. Here goes the recipe…
Cherry fruits – 15 to 20
Water – 1/2 cup
Orange juice – 1Tblspn
Sugar – 2 Tblspn
Whip topping – 1/2 Cup
Chocolate Scraping – 2 Tblspn
- Deseed the Cherry fruits. Cut them into pieces. Add water, Orange juice and boil them in slow flame. When the fruits are 90% cooked, add the sugar and cook only until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool down the cherry water mixture completely. Chill the Mixture.
- Place a bowl in fridge for 20 mins to use it to beat the whip topping.
- Take the Chilled Whip topping in this bowl, add powdered sugar if required, i have not added powdered sugar as the whip cream was sweet on its own. Beat the whip topping using a beater in high speed for 5 to 7 mins until the whip topping foams and increases in volume.
- Take the Chocolate cake, cut it into two halves horizontally using a long knife in order to layer the cake.
- Take one half of the cake, Moist the cake with Chilled Cherry water slowly.
- Add some foamed whip and level it using a leveling knife.
- Place the second half cake on top of this.
- Moist the second half of the cake again with Chilled Cherry water.
- Add some more foamed whip topping and level it using leveling knife.
- Add the chocolate scraping on top of the cake.
- If Cherry fruits are not available, canned cherry can be used.
- But the sweetened cherry water made using cherry fruits gives awesome flavor to the cake
- While beating the whip topping make sure the bowl is chill to make sure the whip topping does not melt.
- Preserve this cake in fridge as it might melt if kept in room temperature.