Capsicum white gravy is a side dish type recipe that can be served with rotis. It can also be served with pulao. I have used Green, Red and Yellow capsicums to make the dish colourful. Peanuts, White sesame seeds, cashews and Coconut form the rich white gravy. Capsicum masala and Potato Capsicum Gravy are other variations of capsicums gravies available in this space.
Capsicum White Gravy is a side dish that goes easily wtih Rotis or Pulaos
- 3/4 Cup Capsicum Red green and Yellow
- 1.5 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1.5 Teaspoon White Pepper Powder
- Salt To Taste
- Water as Required
- 2 Tablespoon Peanuts
- 1.5 Tablespoon White Sesame Seeds
- 1.5 Tablespoon Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Grated
- Coriander Leaves Fistful
Dry roast Peanuts. When they start darkening remove them from the flame. Allow them to cool them down. Mash them so the skin is seperated. Blow them out.
Similarly dry roast peanuts and set them aside.
Dry roast cashews and set them aside.
Roast coconuts and set them aside.
Add in Peanuts, Cashews, White Sesame Seeds and Coconut into a blender with only required water and blend them into a smooth paste. Set them aside.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in Cumin and Fennel seeds. Saute for 30 seconds.
Add in chopped onion and saute until glossy.
Add in the Chopped Capsicum and salt to taste and saute for few minutes.
Now add in the blended paste. add in water and cook until the mixture blends well.
Add in Pepper powder and salt to taste. Saute until the mixture blends well.
Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Adjust the water as per your requirement.
Step by step photos on how to make Capsicum White Gravy:
- Dry roast Peanuts, White Sesame Seeds and Cashews. Allow them to cool down. Mash the peanuts and remove out the skin.
2. Dry roast coconut. Cool them down. Add in roasted peanuts, Sesame seeds, Cashews and coconut with only required water and blend them into a smooth paste. Set the paste aside. Heat oil in a wok.
3. Add in Fennel and Cumin seeds andd allow them to splutter. Add in onion and saute until glossy. Add in the Yellow, Red and Green Capsicum.
4. Add in salt to taste and saute for few minutes. Add in the white paste. Add water.
5. Add in salt to taste. Add in pepper powder and cook until the mixture blends well. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Tasty and delicious Capsicum White Gravy is now ready to serve.