Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa
Recipe type: Sweet | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Carrot – 1 Cup grated
Milk – 1 Cup boiled
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Sugar – 1/4 Cup
Cardamom powder – a generous pinch
Pistachios – few for garnishing
Step by Step Photos on how to make Carrot Halwa / Gajar Halwa:
- Wash carrots well. Grate them. Set aside. Take a heavy bottom pan. Add ghee into it and start heating.
- Add in the grated carrot and start sauting. Saute for few minutes. Add in the milk slowly.
- Cook well until the raw small leaves.
- Add sugar and give a quick stir. Cook until the mixture reaches the halwa consistency. That is the mixture start coming to the center without sticking to the sides of the pan.
- Super Delicious Carrot Halwa is now ready to serve.
- Cook the entire recipe in low flame for perfect taste.
- I have used pistachios for garnishing, you can garnish with any nuts of your choice.