|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 10 min||| Total time:20 Min|
|Recipe type: Variety Rice||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy|
Plain Rice – 2 Cups
Carrot Grated – 1 Cup
Peanuts – 3 tablespoon
Onion – 1
Curry leaves – few
Green Chilli – 2
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Carrot Rice:
- Grate Carrot. Chop Onion. Slit Green Chillies. Heat Ghee in a Pan. Add Mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
- Add chopped onion and saute until glossy. Add curry leaves and green chillies and saute them. Add Peanuts and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrot and saute it until it is cooked well. Add in salt.
- Once the carrot is cooked well switch off the flame and add the boiled rice and mix them. Tasty and nutritious carrot rice is now ready to serve.
- Can add garam masala or sambar powder powder for masala.
- Peanuts can be replaced with Cashews or Sesame seeds.
- Lemon can be squeezed along with rice if you like the tangy taste.
- Some veggies like green Peas and capsicum can also be added to this carrot rice.
This is perfect for Lunch Box Recipe or travel Recipe. Can be served along with Onion Raitha and Papad. My personal favorite is having Carrot rice with boiled egg or omlette..