Channa Dal Kheema Masala is a yummy side dish with Mutton.
- 200 Grams Mutton Kheema
- 1 Big Onion Chopped
- 1 Big Tomato Chopped
- 2 Slit Green Chillis
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Jeera Powder
- 1.5 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Fistful Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Channa Dal
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
Soak Channa Dal for 30 minutes. Wash and Clean Mutton Kheema.
Heat oil in a Wok. Add in Fennel seeds and allow to splutter.
Add in Chopped onion and saute until glossy.
Add in chopped tomato and salt and saute until mushy.
Add in ginger garlic paste and saute them for a minute.
Add in Mutton Kheema and required water and cook for few minutes.
Add in the soaked channa dal. Add in Slit green Chillis. Cook for few minutes.
Add in chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder and Jeera powder with required salt and saute well. Coo until the mixture blends well.
Add in chopped coriander leaves. Give a quick stir. Switch off the flame.
Yummy Mutton Kheema Masala is now ready to serve.
- The slit green chillis can also be added and sauted along with onion.
- Add in Channa Dal after the Mutton is Half cooked or it would get mushy.
- The water level of the gravy can be adjusted as per requirement. It can also be made as a dry side dish.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Channa Dal Kheema Masala
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Fennel Seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in onion and saute them until glossy. Add in chopped tomatoes.
- Add in required salt and saute until the tomatoes are cooked mushy. If the mixture gets too dry sprinkle few spoons of water.
- Add in Ginger Garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add in washed and cleaned mutton Kheema. Give a quick stir.
- Add in Soaked channa Dal(i had soaked channa dal for 30 minutes). Give a quick stir.
- Add in water. Add in Slit green chillis. Add in Coriander Powder.
- Add in Red Chilli Powder and Jeera Powder.
- Add in Turmeric Powder. Add in salt to taste. Allow the Mixture to cook well. Cook with the wok closed. Stir occasionally.
- Once the masalas are completely cooked. Add in coriander leaves and give a quick stir. Yummy Channa Dak Mutton Kheema Masala is now ready to serve.
- I served Channa Dal Mutton Kheema Masala with Chapatis.