Chettinad Mushroom Green Peas Gravy is a creamy side dish to be served with rotis or pulaos.
- 2 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 3 Dry red Chillis
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- Water as required
- 1/2 Cup Coconut
- 15 Cashews or almonds
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1.5 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1.5 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1.5 Tomato Chopped
- 200 Grams Mushrooms
- Water as required
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
Soak green Peas in water overnight. Place them in an airtight container until they sprout. Sprouting is completely optional.
Dry roast the ingredients mentioned under chettinad masala and blend them into a fine powder.
Heat oil in a wok and add in cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, dry red chillis, Bay leaf and fennel seeds. Roast until nice aroma comes out.
Add in onion and saute until glossy.
Add in chopped tomatoes and salt and saute until the tomatoes are mushy.
Add in green peas and chopped mushrooms and saute for few minutes.
Add in the chettinad masala powder and the turmeric powder and saute them.
Add in water. cook until the veggies cook well and the masalas blend well.
Add in the white paste. Cook until the coconut cooks well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
- Adjust the water level as per the thickness of the gravy.
- i have used very less spice if required add more dry red chillis along with the chettinad masala.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Chettinad Mushroom Green Peas Gravy
Dry roast the ingredietns mentioned under chettinad masala and blend them into a smooth powder.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned under white paste with limited water and blend them into a smooth paste. set them aside.
For Green Peas
Soak Green Peas Overnight.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, bayleaves, dry red chillis and fennel seeds and saute until nice aroma comes out.
- Add in onion and saute until glossy. Add in tomatoes and salt to taste and start sauting them.
- Saute until the tomatoes get mushy. If the mixture gets too thick then sprinkle some spoons of water. Add in green peas and chopped mushroom. Stir them gently and saute for few minutes.
- Add in the chettinad masala powder and turmeric powder.
- saute for few minutes. Add in water. Cook until the masalas blend well.
- Add in the coconut masala and give a quick stir. cook until the paste blends well. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame
- Mushroom and green peas gravy is now ready to be served with rotis or pulaos.