During this December christmas holidays got a chance to make Barbecue Chicken at home that is when hubby reminded me to post this recipe here. Here goes the recipe…
Chicken Tikka | Chicken Kebab | Chicken Skewers
Recipe type: Starter | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 8 skewers
Onion – 1 Cubed
Red, green and yellow capsicum – 1/2 Cup Cubed
Olive Oil – 3 tablespoon
Boneless Chicken Cubes – 400 grams
Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Yogurt – 3 tablespoon
Besan / Gram flour – 2 tablespoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Chicken Tikka | Chicken Kebab | Chicken Skewers
- Soak the skewer sticks in water for 30 minutes. Take all the ingredients listed under to marinate into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste.
- Add the marination mixture into the chicken and let it marinate for 4 hours.
- Just before grilling chopped veggies and remove the chicken from the bowl and in the remaining mixture add in the veggies and give a quick stir.
- Thread chicken cubes and the veggies in the skewer sticks. Leave it for 10 minutes so that any excess water would drip. Preheat the Oven at 180 Deg C for 10 minutes. Grill for 40 minutes at 180 Deg C.
- Remove the chicken from the oven at the intermediate stages and bush in oil and change sides. when the sides of the chicken and the veggies start browning the chicken is done.
- Let them get to warm mode from hot mode, Remove the chicken and veggies and serve them hot.
- Food colour is often used to bring in bright and vibrant colors. I have not added any food color here.
- Only boneless chicken pieces are suitable for this recipe.
- Brushing with oil is very mush essential or the chicken would get dry.
- Soaking the skewers in water avoids burning of sticks while heating in the oven.
- Soak the chicken for a minimum of 4 hours to overnight. Soaking chicken for hours is to tenderize the chicken.
- Make Sure to Cut the chicken and the vegetables to same size or while grilling the vegetable would cook soon and the chicken is still raw.
- You will have to refrigerate it if you are marinating it more than 30 minutes. The more time you marinate the softer the chicken is.
- The grilling times differs from different ovens and the size of the chicken.
- While threading the veggies and chicken in the skewers do now pack them tight or it wont be grilled well.