Wow My first post… The chocolate cake, one of the delicious cake, great for birthdays and celebrations, It is very easy to prepare especially for beginners… I’m sure you’ll enjoy this treat! I have been thinking many recipes to Create as my first post, but somehow ended in Chocolate cake. I am very much fond of baking and happy that my first post is out of baking. Here goes the recipe…
All purpose flour/Maida – 3/4 cup
Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Eggs – 4
- Preheat the Microwave to 180 degrees.
- Grease the cake mold with butter, dust it with maida and set aside.
- Add Maida, cocoa powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda in a bowl and Mix well. Now sieve this Mixture to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- Take 4 eggs into a bowl, vanilla essence. Mix well with a beater. Beat the egg mixture up to 3 to 4 mins until the mixture increases thrice the original quantity.
- Add the Butter and Sugar into a bowl and beat well until the butter blends well with sugar.
- Add half of the egg mixture into the butter mixture and blend slowly.
- Add the Maida mixture and slowly mix them.
- Add the remaining egg and mix them very slowly.
- Finally add the milk and mix slowly.
- Add the mixture into the greased baking mold.
- Tap the mold so that the mixture gets in well to all the corners.
- Now keep the baking mold into the preheated microwave and bake it for 15 mins in 180 degrees.
- To check, Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, if toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready, If not bake for few more mins.
- Leave the cake in the mold for 15 mins to cool.
- Using a Knife release the edges of the cake.
- Sieve the Maida mixture, do not omit this step.
- Make sure the beater is clean and dry while beating the eggs., or the eggs wont raise in quantity.
- Do not add the egg mixture completely in one go or there are chances that the mixture might cuddle.
- Place a Butter paper in the bottom of the cake mold before pouring the cake mixture into it.
- The Baking time might differ from different microwaves, Hence read your user manual before baking.
- The cake batter must not be more than half of the cake mold, as the cake is tend to raise it might overflow.
- Using a round cake mold is better so that the cake cooks well from all sides.