Pin Wheel Biscuits
|Prep time: 1 Hr 30 Min||| Bake time: 20 Min||| Total time: 20 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: International||| Yield / Serves: 12|
All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 Cup
Butter – 1/2 Cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 Cup
Favourite food color – as required
Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoom
Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Egg – 1 + 1 for eggwash
Sprinklers – as required
Step by Step Photos on how to make Christmas Sugar Cookies :
- Add in Butter and Sugar in a bowl and mix them using a hand blender until creamy. Add in Vanilla Extract.
- Blend until creamy. Add in the egg and blend them using a hand blender in low speed.
- Add the All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda and Baking Powder. Sift the mixture for 3 times. Add the flour into the egg and butter mixture.
- Roll them into a dough. Divide the dough into two equal parts. Set one part aside. Add your favourite food colour in one ball.
- Knead them so that the color blends well into the dough. Now Wrap both the dough into a plastic wrap and leave it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes take them out. Flatten them lengthwise. Do not make it vey thin.
- Place one flattened dough on top of the other and start rolling them.
- Roll them till the end. Chop both the edges.
- Take one egg in a bowl. Beat them well. Brush the rolled dough with the egg.
- Sprinkle the sugar sprinklers on the rolled dough on all sides. They stick to the dough.
- Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and press them on all sides so that the sprinkles stick to them easily. Leave the wrapped dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove from the refrigerator. Remove the plastic wrapper. Chop them into small cookies. Preheat oven at 180 deg C for 10 minutes. Bake the cookies until thy start browning in the top at 180 deg C. I have baked for 20 minutes.
- If you do not have the hand blender you can utilise the blender/Mixer with the whipping blade.
- The baking time differs between different ovens. So read your user manual carefully before you start baking.
- Kids would really luv these cookie so its better to use organic colours and sprinklers.
These sugar cookies are a real delight they can be served as a anytime snack.