Custard Powder Halwa
|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 15 Min||| Total time:20 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Custard Powder – 1/2 Cup
Sugar – 1 Cup
Water – 2 Cups
Cardamom powder – a generous pinch
Cashews – 5 broken
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Custard Powder Halwa:
- Add Custard Powder Sugar and water into a pan. Stir them so that they mix well without any lumps. Now start heating the pan.
- The custard powder starts thickening immediately. Keep stirring in low flame. It thickens add in the cardamom powder and keep stirring.
- Add in ghee and start stirring. Add in the broken cashews and keep stirring. The mixture reaches a consistency when it does not stick to the vessel. Now switch off the flame
- Grease a tray with ghee and transfer the contents to the tray. Leave it for sometime until it sets. After it sets cut them into desired shapes and serve them.
- Adjust the sweetness as per your personal preference.
Custard Powder is an easy recipe that can be prepared as a festive dessert.