Dates Chutney is an instant and easy chutney apt for a picnic meal
- 200 Grams Dates
- Amla Sized Tamarind
- Required Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Required Water
Take Tamarind and Dates in a Wok add only required limited water and boil them for 5 minutes.
When the dates get soft switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down.
Blend this mixture into a smooth paste.
Now again heat this paste in a wok in low flame.
Add in Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and salt to taste and cook until the masalas blend well. Switch off the flame.
Dates Chutney is now ready to serve.
- Adjust the water content so that the chutney does not get watery.
- Quantity of tamarind and chilli powder can be adjusted as per kids preference.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Dates Chutney
- Remove the seeds from the dates and chop them into smaller pieces. Add the dates and tamarind into a wok. Add only required limited water. Cook this mixture in low flame for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Allow this mixture to cool down. Blend them into a smooth paste. Heat the paste again.
- Add in Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder and salt to taste. Cook until the masalas blend well. Switch off the flame and cool down.
- Nutritious and delicious Dates Chutney is now ready to serve.