Drumstick Brinjal Gravy / Murungaikai Kathirikai Theeyal is a yummy side dish with steamed Rice.
- 1 Drumstick Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Brinjal
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 5 Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Sambar Powder
- 2 Spring Garlic
- Salt to Taste
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter.
Add in Onion and Curry Leaves and saute them until glossy.
Add in Tomatoes and salt to taste and saute them until the tomatoes are mushy.
Add water if the mixture is dry.
Add in the chopped drumstick and Brinjal and saute them.
Add Required water and close the wok and cook until the vegetables are cooked soft and the Masalas Blend well.
Finally garnish with Chopped coriander Leaves. Switch off the flame.
Tasty and Flavourful Gravy is now ready to serve.
- My tomatoes are very sour in taste so i omitted the addition of tamarind.
- If tamarind is added add it along with the veggies and cook them.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Drumstick Brinjal Gravy / Murungaikai Kathirikai Theeyal:
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Cumin seeds and Fennel seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion and curry leaves and saute until glossy. Add in tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Add in sambar powder and saute them.
- If the mixture gets too dry add in water and cook until the masalas blend well. Add in chopped Drumstick and Brinjal.
- Cook until the vegetables are cooked soft. Add in water and salt to taste.
- Close the wok and cook until the veggies are cooked well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy Gravy is now ready to serve.