Drumstick flower Egg Stir Fry / Murungai Poo Muttai Poriyal is a yummy side dish to be served with rice.
- 1 Cup Murungai Poo / Drumstick Flowers
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Green Chilli Slit
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
Add in onion, curry leaves and green chilli.
Saute until the onion gets glossy.
Add in murungai poo and saute until it cooks well.
Add in turmeric powder and salt and cook until it is cooked well.
Now move mixture to one side of the wok and make some space.
Add in 2 eggs, salt and pepper powder and saute until the eggs are scrambled well.
Mix the murungai poo and eggs.
Mix them gently. Cook for few minutes and switch off the flame.
- When the murungai poo is fresh it tastes great with eggs.
- Murungai poo cooks easily.
- If the murungai poo is not cooked well sometimes it creates itching sensation in the tongue.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Drumstick flower Egg Stir Fry / Murungai Poo Muttai Poriyal
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow them to splutter.
- Add in onion, green chillis and curry leaves. Saute until the onion gets glossy. Remove the tiny sticks from the murungai poo/ Drumstick flowers.
- Cook them until the murungai poo is cooked well. Add in salt and turmeric powder. Give a quick stir.
- Move the cooked murungai poo to one side. Add in 2 eggs.
- Add in salt for the eggs and pepper powder. Scramble the eggs. Cook until the egg is scrambled well. Mix them together. The egg and the drumstick flowers combine well and gives out a good flavour.
- Mix them gently and serve them hot. with rice and any veg gravy.