Recipe type: Cakes and Bakes | Cuisine: International | Yield / Serves: a Loaf
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 Cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
Powderd Sugar – 3/4 Cup
ButterScotch Chips – 1/4 Cup
Vegatable oil / Olive Oil – 1/4 Cup
Butter Scotch Essence – 1 teaspoon
Thick Curd – 3/4 Cup
Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Eggless ButterScotch Cake
- Take Curd / Yogurt in a bowl. Whisk it well. Add in the oil and whisk it well.
- Add in the butter scotch essence and Vinegar and mix them well gently.
- Add Whole Wheat Flour, Powdered sugar, Baking Soda and Baking Powder in a bowl and sift them well. Add in the yogurt mixture into the dry batter.
- Add in the butter scotch chips and mix them gently.
- Grease the loaf tin with butter. Add in the parchment paper to the bottom of the baking tin. Grease the parchment paper again. Add in the cake batter into the cake tin. Tap gently so that if any gaps or bubbles are there they would settle down. Now preheat the oven to 180 deg C for 10 minutes. Now start baking the cake. Bake at 180 deg C for 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven. Allow it to cool down completely. Invert the cake tin and remove the cake from the tin.
- Leave it in the kitchen counter for at least 4 hours before slicing.
- Remove the parchment paper and slice it and serve.
- Vegetable oil can be replaced with any neutral oil.
- Vinegar Can also be replaced with lemon juice.
- Slice the cake only after 4 hours. Or it would crumble easily.
- I used 2 tablespoon of Mapro butterscotch syrup instead of the butterscotch essence.
- The Baking time differs between different ovens. So ready your usermanual carefully before you start baking.