|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Fried Sear Fish– 4 medium slices
Egg – 2
Onion – 1
Fennel Powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – a Pinch Coriander Leaves – 3 tablespoon chopped
Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Fish Podimas:
- Add the eggs in to a pan. Add little salt. Keep sauting them until the egg is cooked well and scrambled.
- Take some fried sear fish steaks. Click here for Sear Fish Fry Recipe.
- Remove the skin and the bones completely from the fried fish. Scramble them with a fork. If the fish is hard, Add them in to a blender and whip it. Do not blend for more time. Heat oil in a Kadai. Add mustard and allow it to splutter. Add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add the scrambled fish and saute it for 2 minutes. Add the scrambled egg. Saute for 1 minute
- Add Turmeric powder and Fennel Powder and saute for 3 mintues for the raw smell of the masala to leave. Add Chopped Coriander leaves and saute for 1 minute.
- Fish Podimas is now ready to be served with Steamed rice and Rasam.
- I have used fish fry for this recipe. Fish can also be boiled in water salt and turmeric powder.
- I have scrambled the egg seperately and then added into the fish. Eggs can also be added directly into the fish and then scrambled. But this leaves a strong eggy flavor to the dish. If you like the eggy flavour then eggs can be directly add into fish.
- I have used sear fish for this recipe. Any fish can be used for this recipe.
Fish Podimas goes well with Rasam and Steamed rice. Can also with served with Fish curry.