Flax seeds are one of the top health foods. Flax seeds are one of the best food source of Omega 3 fatty acids. Flax seeds has lots of health benefits and are high in protein. They are said to protect from Cancer. Helps in weight loss. Hepls reduce Cholestrol and Diabetes. Flax seed powder can be served along with Idli/Dosa/Steamed Rice along with sesame oil or coconut oil or ghee. It can also be sprinkled on a bread toast. These instant chutney powders are life savers for those Lazy days. Additional bonus they are packed with nutrition.
Flax Seed Chutney Powder
Flax Seed Chutney powder is one of the healthiest side dishes which comes in handy for those busy days.
Course: Side Dish
For Dry Roasting
- 1/3 Cup Flax Seeds
- 1/3 Cup Channa Dal
- 1/3 Cup Urad Dal
- 6 Dry Red Chillis
For Roasting in Oil
- Small Lemon Sized Tamarind
- 1 Cup Curry Leaves
- 2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
- Required Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Jaggery
Dry roast each ingredient listed under "For Dry roasting" Separately.
Heat sesame oil in a wok. Add in grated coconut, Curry leaves and tamarind and saute them until crisp.
Cool them all. Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend them into a coarse powder. Flax seed Chutney powder is now ready to serve.
- Storing flax Seed Powder in the refrigerator is the best as it keeps best.
- While dry roasting the flax seeds would splutter.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Flax Seed Chutney Powder / Spice Mix
- Dry each ingredient listed under “For Dry Roasting” separately. Heat sesame oil in a wok and saute coconut, Curry leaves and tamarind. Cool down completely.
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend them into a coarse powder.
- Flax seed powder can be served with Idli, dosa or steamed rice along with sesame oil or ghee.
Loading InLinkz ...