Pomegranate Sporut Salad
|Prep time: 24 hours||| Cook time: 5 min||| Total time: 24 hours min|
|Recipe type: Salad||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Sweet and Salty|
Pomegranate – 1 Medium
Raw Green Gram – 1/4 Cup
Water – 2 Cups
Salt – 2 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Pomegranate / Green Gram Sprout salad:
- Soak Green gram in water Over Night. In the morning drain the water and keep it closed and leave it undisturbed. After 12 hours observe the gram seeds have sprouted.
- Heat water is a bowl. Add salt to it. Add the sprouted green gram to it. Leave it for 5 minutes. Drain the water and set aside. The green gram would have taken the salt taste from water.
- Remove the seeds from pomegranate. Add the sprouted green gram and mix it.
- Green Gram/Pomegranate salad is now ready to eat.
- Eating sprouts kept for long is not advisable.
- Cooking of sprouts looses its nutritional values.
- Sprouts are easily affected by fungus so safety must be taken care of.