Mutton is a treat for non veg Lovers. According to me any curry made with mutton would be finger licking rich and delicious. Lovely aroma of mutton curry makes me even more hungrier. I got this Green Mutton Masala recipe from a TV show, tried it once and it turned out very good in the very first try. It is as easy as it is. I prepared this dish and had it with Coconut milk Pulao. Both Green mutton and coconut milk Pulao tasted awesome together. Mouth watering. Do try once i am sure you would definitely like it. The Main ingredients in this dish are pudina and coriander leaves which makes this dish come out green in colour. Here goes the recipe…
Taste this dish with Coconut Milk Pulao it is simple delicious.
Green Mutton recipe tastes well with coconut milk rice. Can also be served with white rice, Ghee rice, Jeera Rice, paratas, dosa, idli, chappati, naan, white bread, idiyappam, aapam etc. The possibilities are endless.
Ingredients – Green Mutton Recipe
Prep time: 10 Min | Cook time: 30 Min | Serves:2
Mutton – 1/2 Kg
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup tightly packed
Mint/Pudina Leaves – 1/2 cup tightly packed
Jeera – 1tspn
Green Chillies- 5
Fennel Seeds – 2 tspn
Big onion – 2 or small onion – 20 to 25
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 8 pods
Black Pepper – 1tsp
Cashew – 15
Oil – 1 tblspn
Salt – To Taste
Oil – 2 tspn
Jeera – 1 tspn
Fennel Seeds – 1 tspn
Dry red chillies – 2
- Wash Mutton Pieces and set aside. Peel and slice onion. Wash and chop Coriander and Pudina/Mint leaves. Peel Ginger and Garlic.
- Heat oil in a Kadai. Add Jeera and roast until it splutters. Add Fennel Seeds and roast it. Add onion and roast until it is glossy. Add Ginger garlic and green chillies and roast it. Add black pepper and roast it. Add Mint/Pudina and coriander leaves and roast it.
- Cool down the mixture add the cashews and grind it. Now the Green paste is ready.
- Add the green paste in a cooker. Add the mutton pieces into the green paste. Add 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 5 whistles in cooker. First whistle in high flame and remaining 4 in low flame. After 5 whistles let the pressure come down on its own.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add all the contents in section to tamper and roast them (Roast Jeera, Fennel Seeds and dry redchillies). Add this mixture on top of the cooked gravy. Green Mutton ready to serve.
- Boneless Mutton Pieces are preferable for this recipe.
- Hence this is a Spicy dish both Green chillies and Black Pepper are added.
- If you do not like the mint/pudina flavour the quantity of mint can be reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Do not add more water as the mutton releases some water while cooking. Add only 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup water.
Flavoral, Yummy Green Mutton ready to be served…
[Green Mutton, Coriander Mutton, Pudina Mutton, Mutton Gravy, Mutton Curry.]