Green Peas Halwa is a delicious dessert.
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 1/4 Cup Ghee
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 15 Almonds
Wash and clean the Green Peas. Add them into a blender and make a puree out of it.
Heat ghee in a wok or a heavy bottom pan and add in the nuts into it and roast until golden brown.
Remove the nuts from ghee and set them aside.
Add in the Green Peas puree into the same ghee and start cooking.
Stir them continuously. Make sure not to burn the mixture.
Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the mixture is cooked completely.
Add in milk and keep cooking until the milk evaporates.
Add in sugar and give a quick stir.
Addition of sugar releases water. Keep cooking until the moisture evaporates.
cook until the mixture reaches the halwa consistency.
Garnish with the roasted nuts. Switch off the flame.
Halwa can either be served hot or cold.
- Either Frozen or fresh green peas can be used. I have used fresh green peas.
- If using Frozen green peas add them into hot water before making a puree.
- Any choice of nuts can be used.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Green Peas Halwa
- Wash and Clean the green Peas. Add into a blender and make a puree. It has moisture so no water required.
- Add in Ghee in to a wok. Add in Almonds or any nuts and saute them until golden brown. Remove the nuts from the ghee and set aside.
- In the same ghee add in Green Peas puree and saute for 5 to 7 minutes or until the green peas is cooked well. Add in the Milk. Keep cooking in low flame for another 5 minutes or until the milk evoporates.
- Add in sugar. Now the mixture releases some water. Keep cooking in low flame until it thickens.
- Keep cooking until it reaches halwa consistency.
- Garnish with roasted nuts and switch off the flame.
- Green Peas halwa tastes good either served hot or cold.