Basmati Rice is the long grain rice variety. This is used to cook Biryanis Pulaos and even desserts. Cooking rice to its perfect texture is a key step. Perfectly cooked basmati rice is fluffy and each grain is separate from each other still soft. Now lets get to see how basmati rice is cooked in a pressure cooker. Here goes the recipe…
How to Cook Basmati Rice in Pressure Cooker
Basmati Rice can be cooked in cooker in minutes.
Course: Main Course
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- Salt To Taste
- The soaking time differs for different basmati rice varieties. My rice required only 1 cup of water.
- Soaking is the key step to cook the rice soft.
- 1 teaspoon of oil can be added to make the rice as seperate grain.
Step by Step Photos on how to How to Cook Basmati Rice in Pressure Cooker
- Wash Basmati rice well. Soak it in water for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes take a pressure cooker. Drain the excess water from the basmati rice and add it into the pressure cooker.
- Add water. Add salt to taste. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Let the pressure cooker release pressure on it own. Open the pressure cooker. Fluffy basmati rice is now ready.
- Basmati rice is now ready to be used in biryanis and pulaos.