Tender Greens that are so tasty and healthy
- 1 Cup KarisalanKanni Keerai
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli Slit
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Grated
Remove the green leaves from the stem. Place them in water for 10 minutes. Wash them well.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow it to splutter. Add in onion and saute them until glossy. Add in green chilli
Add in green leaves and saute them. Add in Turmeric Powder and salt and saute them.
Add in grated coconut and saute them.
- Do not use the stem portion as they are hard and do not cook soft.
- Sprinkle water while sauting the greens if they are too dry.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Karisalankanni Keerai Poriyal / Bhringraj Stir Fry
- Remove the fresh green leaves from their stem and soak them in water for 10 minutes. Wash them well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow to splutter. Add in onion and saute them glossy.
- Add in green leaves and turmeric powder and saute them until cooked. Sprinkle few drops of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Cook until the greens are cooked well.
- Add in grated coconut and cook them.
- Tender and nutritious Greens stir fry is now ready to serve.