|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 200gms approx|
Mangoes – 3 small
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 3 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
To Roast and Grind:
Mustard – 3 teaspoon
Fenugreek – 1.5 teaspoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mango Pickle :
- Dry Roast mustard and Fenufreek seeds. Until it starts browning.
- Cool down the mixture and grind it into a fine powder. Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
- Meanwhile Peel Raw mangoes. Chop them into smaller pieces.
- Add the chopped mangoes into the heated and oil and mustard seeds. Add Salt and keep sauting it.
- Add Chilli Powder and Ground mustard/fenugreek powder mixture. Saute until the raw smell leaves and the mango mashes well and oil seperates from mangoes.
- Do not burn the spices the pickle will turn bitter.
- Use Clean and dry Spoons and containers to store the pickle. This pickle keeps good in refrigerator for upto 3 months of handled properly.
Mango Pickle is served with Parathas, Curd rice and many more. Can be packed along with Curd Rice as a travel food recipe.