Mushroom Fried Rice
Mushroom Peas Masala
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time: 30 Min|
|Recipe type: Roti Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Milky Mushroom – 200 grams
Green Peas – 1/4 Cup
Milk – 1/2 Cup
Fresh cream – 2 tablespoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Jeera/ Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Fennel Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Onion – 1 Chopped
Tomato – 1 big chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tablespoon
Garam Masala – 1.5 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – a generous pinch
Water – as required
Salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mushroom Peas Masala:
- Wash and clean the Milky mushrooms. Keep them dipped in salty water for 10 minutes. Remove them from water wipe them dry and chop them into smaller pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add in fennel seeds and cumin seeds. Add onion and saute until glossy. Add tomatoes and saute until mushy.
- Add in the green peas. I have used dried green peas, so i have soaked it in water for 4 hours then pressure cooked them until soft. Add in the chopped mushroom. Cook for few minutes.
- Add water. Cook them until the raw smell leaves. Add in garam masala, turmeric powder and water.
- Add in milk and fresh cream and cook them until all the masala blend well. Finally garnish with coriander leaves.
- Delicious Milky Mushroom Masala is now ready to serve.
- While cooking Mushrooms they might release some water. So adjust the water added as per the amount of water released.
- I have used dry peas. Fresh green peas can be used and it enhances the taste.
Milky Mushroom Masala can be served as a side dish for indian flat bread recipes. I enjoyed this with Red Cabbage Paratha. It also tastes good with dosas