Mix Veg Sambar
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
Taste: Salty and Spicy
Tur Dal/Toor Dal – 1/3 Cup
Mix Veg (Potato, Beans and Carrot) – 1/2 Cup chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
water – as required
Fenugreek- 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Onion – 1 or shallots – 6 chopped
tomato – 1 chopped
Garlic – 4 pods
Coriander Leaves – for garnishing
salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mix Veg Sambar:
- Take Toor Dal, required water, Salt, Garlic pods, Turmeric powder in a pressure cooker. Pressure Cook for 3 whistles. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure to release on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Mash the dal with a ladle or a Hand blender.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in Fenugreek and Cumin Seeds. Allow them to splutter. Add onion and saute until glossy.
- Add tomatoes and salt to taste and saute until mushy. Add in the chopped veggies and saute them.
- Once the veggies are sauted well switch off the flame and add them into the dal mixture. Heat the dal mixture again. Add in the required water and sambar powder. Cook until the masalas blend well. Switch off the flame.
- Finally garnish with Coriander leaves. Flavourful tur dal sambar is now ready to serve.
- The Sambar is neither watery nor thick. Adjust the water consistency accordingly.