Mutton Ghee Roast is a yummy and tasty side dish
- 1 Kilogram Mutton Pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee
- 7 Dry Red Chillis
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 3 Cardamom
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Inch Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under "To Roast and Grind" seperately.
Cool them down completely. Add them into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste with required water. Set them aside
Heat Ghee in a Pressure Cooker. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes until nice aroma comes out.
Add in Turmeric Powder and saute for another few minutes.
Add in the cleaned and chopped mutton. Saute for few minutes.
Add in required water and salt and pressure cook for 5 whistles in medium or until the mutton is cooked soft.
Switch off the flame and allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Open the pressure cooker. Set them aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a wok. Add in the blended masala and saute until the raw smell goes off.
Add in the mutton along with the water.
Keep cooking until all the water disappears and masalas blend well with the mutton.
Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Dry roast each ingredient seperately or the smaller ingredients would burn easily while the bigger ingredients are only half way done.
- At the final step 1 tablespoon of ghee can be dizzled on top for more flavour.
- If you wish to have gravy type ghee roast add in little more water and adjust the consistency accordingly.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee in a pressure cooker. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until nice aroma comes out. Add in turmeric powder and saute them for 2 minutes.
- Once turmeric powder is sauted well add in the mutton pieces. Saute them for few minutes.
- Add in required water and salt to taste. Close the pressure cook for 5 whistles in medium flame or until the mutton is cooked soft. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own. Open the pressure cooker.
- Dry roast each ingredient mentioned under to roast and grind seperately.
- Once roasted allow them to cool down completely.
- Blend them into a smooth paste in a blender only with required water. Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a wok. Add in the ground masala paste and saute them until the raw smell goes away.
- Add in the pressure cooked mutton along with the remaining water with mutton. Keep cooking.
- Cook unil the water disappears and the masalas blend well with mutton. Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Yummy and Delicious Ghee Roast is now ready to serve.