|Prep time: 5 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweets and Desserts||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
|Taste: Sweet with chunks or rice|
Basmati Rice – 1/4 Cup
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Milk – 2 Cups
Water – 1 Cup
Sugar – to taste
Saffron Strands – to garnish
Step by Step Photos on how to make Pal Payasam:
- Heat ghee in a frying pan. Add in the basmati Rice and roast it. Do not allow to change color.
- When the color starts changing switch off the stove. Make a coarse powder out of he roasted basmati rice. Start Heating again Add in Milk. Allow it to boil and then simmer the flame. Allow the rice to cook well. When the mixture gets dry add in the water and allow it to boil. When the rice is cooked well. Add in sugar at this stage and cook until the sugar blends well. Switch off the flame.
Rich and Delicious Pal Payasam is now ready.
- This mixture can also be cooked in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles in low flame. So that the mashy consistency of rice is achieved.
- Using Full Cream Milk gives awesome taste to the Kheer.
- Do not use more rice as it will change the consistency of the payasam.
- The Payasam is a bit watery if it gets thick add more milk.
Pal Payasam is prepared as a festive recipe or as an after meal dessert.