Potato Capsicum Gravy is a flavoural side dish with Rotis, Idiyappam(string hoppers) etc...
- 1 Medium Potato
- 1 Medium Capsicum
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 3 Tablespoon Groundnut
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Add the groundnut in a Wok and Dry roast it.
Once groundnut starts darkening switch off and cool it completely. Mash the groundnut with your palm, so that the skin from the groundnut gets separated. Remove the skin.
Grind the groundnut into a coarse powder.
Chop Potato and Capsicum into similar shapes.
In a wok heat oil. Add in mustard and cumin seeds.
Once Mustard splutters add in chopped Potato.
When Potato is 80% cooked add the capsicum and fry for 5 mins in low flame.
Add in the Peanut powder and give a quick stir. Add in Water.
Bring it to boil. Add in Turmeric Powder and Red Chilli Powder. Add in Salt to taste.
Cook until the gravy thickens and the masalas blend well.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Adjust the water consistency as required.
- Removing shell from the groundnut is important or taste of the dish might change.
- Make sure to cut potato and capsicum in similar shape in order they cook evenly.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Potato Capsicum Gravy
- Dry roast Peanuts until they start darkening. Cool them down. Mash them in your palm in order to remove the outer skin.
- Blend the peants into a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and Cumin Seeds and allow them to splutter. Add in Potatoes and saute them util they are cooked 80 %. Add in salt to taste.
- Add in chopped Capsicum saute for few minutes until the raw smell from the vegetable is gone. Add in the peanut powder.
- Give a quick stir. Add in water. Bring it to boil.
- When it starts boiling add in turmeric powder and Chilli powder. Give a quick stir. Add in salt to taste.
- Cook until the gravy thickens and the masalas blend well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Switch off the flame.
- Flacourful Potato Capsicum Gravy is now ready to serve.