|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 3|
For White Paste:
Coconut – 1/3 Cup
Cashews – 10
Khas Khas / Poppy Seeds – 1.5 tablespoon
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 3
Black Stone Flower – 1
Cardamom – 2
Fennel Seeds – 1 tablespoon
Bay Leaf – 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make Potato Kurma:
Soak Poppy seeds and Cashews in water for 10 minutes. Add the soaked cashews, Poppy Seed and Coconut into a smooth paste. Heat Oil in a frying Pa. Add All the ingredients listed under to tamper and saute them until nice aroma comes out.
Add onion and saute until glossy. Add Tomatoes and salt and saute them until mushy. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute them until the raw smell leaves.
Add the chopped potatoes and saute them in medium flame for 3 minutes.
Add 1 Cup water and cook until the potatoes are cook for 80%. Cook in low flame for 3 minutes.
Add the white paste and cook for another 3 minutes in low flame. Now add the green paste and cook until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel.
- Tasty Potato Kurma Ready to Serve.
- Poppy seeds and cashews are soaked in order to get a smooth paste.
- Adjust the Level of water as per your requirement.
- The gravy thickens over time.
- If you wish to garnish with Coriander leaves Garnish with 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves.