|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 20 Min||| Total time:30 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 3|
Potato – 3 Medium Chopped
Onion – 1 Big Chopped
Tomato – 1 big chopped
Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – a generous pinch
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Water – 1 Cup
Salt to Taste
For White Paste:
Coconut – 1/3 Cup
Cashews – 10
Khas Khas / Poppy Seeds – 1.5 tablespoon
For Green Paste :
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 Cup
Mint Leaves – 2 tablespoon
Green Chillis – 1
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 3
Black Stone Flower – 1
Cardamom – 2
Fennel Seeds – 1 tablespoon
Bay Leaf – 1
Step by Step Photos on how to make Potato Kurma:
- Soak Poppy seeds and Cashews in water for 10 minutes. Add the soaked cashews, Poppy Seed and Coconut into a smooth paste. Heat Oil in a frying Pan. Add All the ingredients listed under to tamper and saute them until nice aroma comes out.
- Add onion and saute until glossy. Add Tomatoes and salt and saute them until mushy. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute them until the raw smell leaves.
- Add the chopped potatoes and saute them in medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 Cup water and cook until the potatoes are cook for 80%. Cook in low flame for 3 minutes.
- Add the white paste and cook for another 3 minutes in low flame. Now add the green paste and cook until the oil seperates in the sides of the vessel.
- Tasty Potato Kurma Ready to Serve.
- Poppy seeds and cashews are soaked in order to get a smooth paste.
- Adjust the Level of water as per your requirement.
- The gravy thickens over time.
- If you wish to garnish with Coriander leaves Garnish with 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves.