Potato Mochai Stir Fry
|Soaking time: 6 Hrs||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time: 6 Hrs|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
Mochai – 1 Cup
Potaot – 4 medium
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Jeera – 1 tablespoon
Curry Leaves – Few
Dry Red Chillies – few
Coconut – 1/3 Cup
Salt to Taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make :
- Take Equal quantities of Potato and Mochai. If the Mocahi is a dry one soak it for atleast 4 hours and pressure cook for 3 whistles and set aside. Boil Potatoes until soft or pressure cook for 3 whistles. Cool Down potatoes.
- Peel them and chop into bigger pieces. Heat oil in a kadai. Add Oil.Add jeera and allow to splutter. Add Curry Leaves and red chilies.
- Add in the Chopped Potatoes and Mochai. saute for 3 minutes. Add the grated coconut. Add turmeric powder. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Pressure cook Potato and Mochai separately or it they are pressure cooked together the color of mochai would change.
- I try to avoid pressure cooking as i feel nutrients are lost in pressure cooking to i have not pressure cooked potatoes instead boiled in hot water.
Potato Mochai Curry goes well with Steamed rice and Sambar / Rasam.