|Marination time: 30 Min||| Cook time: 20min||| Total time:50 Min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish/Starter||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 2|
Prawns – 250 grams
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tablespoon
Lemon Juice – squeezed from half lemon
Salt to Taste
For Roasting and Grinding:
Onion – 2
Dry Red Chilli – 6 small
Poppy Seeds – 2 teaspoon
Stone flower – 1 tablespoon
Black Cardamon -1
Green Cardamon – 4
Pepper – 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
Cloves – 3
BayLeaf – 2
Fennel Seeds – 2 tablespoon
Jeera – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds – 2 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Prawn Masala :
- Cleans Prawns. Devein the prawns. Marinate prawns in ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and salt for 30 minutes. Soak Poppy seeds in water for 10 minutes.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Saute the onion until glossy and set aside. Add the ingredients listed under “to roast and grind” except onion and poppy seeds and dry roast them.
- Add the dry roasted ingredients, onion and poppy seeds into a blender. Grind them into a paste. Add water while grinding. Do not make it watery.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the ground paste. Cook it until the oil seperates from the masala. Add salt to taste. Add the marinated prawns into the masala. Cook them for 5 minutes.
- Yummy Prawn Masala is ready.
- Take care while adding salt into the masala as the marinade prawns already has some salt in it.
- I have used smaller prawns. Cooking Prawns takes very less time. Do not cook it more them 5 minutes. If your prawns are bigger cook it for few more minutes. Do not overcook. Prawns loose their taste.
- Adjust your spice according to your requirements. Mine was a spicy version.
I served this Prawn Masala with Rice and Rasam. This Prawn Masala can be served as a starter too. I have made the prawn masala as a dry recipe. This can also be made as a semi dry masala and served along with Roti or Chapatti.