|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 5min||| Total time:15 Min|
|Recipe type: Sweet Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 12|
Finger Millet / Ragi – 1 Cup
Jaggery – 1/2 Cup
Peanuts – 1/2 Cup
White Sesame Seeds – 1/4 Cup
Ghee – 2 tablespoon
Step by Step Photos on how to make Ragi Ladoo:
- Roast Peanuts and sesame seeds separately. Cool down mash the peanuts with your hands so that the shell moves away from the peanuts. Blow out the skin from the peanut.
- Grind the roasted peanut. Add in the sesame seeds into peanut powder and grind them.
- Add in the grated jaggery and grind them. Heat ghee in a pan. Add in Ragi flour. Roast it in low flame for 5 minutes. Switch off the flame and add in the ground mixture.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix all the ingredients together. Roll them into balls quickly.
- Desiccated coconut is another ingredient that can be added to this ladoo.
- Broken Roasted cashews can be added into the mixture before rolling the mixture into balls.
- Roll up the mixture into balls quickly or they will dry out.
- The moisture from the ghee, peanuts, sesame seeds are sufficient for rolling the balls but if it is still dry add little milk to roll it up.
A Healthy and Nutritious snack for Kids.