Ragi is rich in calcium and antioxidants. Ragi is low in fat and helps to keep the body cool. Sprouting ragi increases the Vitamin C levels in it which in turn helps in easier absorption of iron. This is one of my frequent breakfast recipe in a busy working day. Full of Nutrients and easy to make. Ragi contains complex carbohydrate and glucose is released very slowly into the blood without overloading. Thus it keeps us full for a long time. I have shared sweet porridge and savoury porridge.. Here goes the recipe…
Ingredients – Ragi Porridge Recipe
Prep time: 5 Min | Cook time: 5 Min | Serves: 1
Ragi Flour – 1/4 Cup
Water – 1 Cup
Jaggery Powder – 1 and 1/2 tspn
Salt – to Taste
Milk – 1/2 cup or Butter Milk – 1/2 cup
Cardamon – 2 or Green Chillies – 1/2 and small onion – 4
- Add ragi flour and water and mix well.
- Add salt to taste. Heat is low flame and keep stirring. The mixture reaches a paste consistency.
- Add Butter Milk and stir well. Garnish with green chillies and small onion. Now Savoury Ragi Porridge is ready to serve.
- Mix ragi flour and water and mix well. Heat in low flame. Keep stirring. Add jaggery powder. Cook until it reaches a paste consistency.
- Garnish with Cardamon. Sweet ragi porridge is ready to serve.
Healty Sweet/Savoury Porridge…
For Savoury Porridge:
For Sweet Porridge:
[Ragi Porridge, Savoury Ragi Porridge, Sweet Ragi Porridge]