|Prep time: 15 Min||| Baking time: 20 min||| Total time:35 Min|
|Recipe type: Cakes||| Cuisine: International||| Yield / Serves: 1|
|Taste: Soft Spongy and Sweet|
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
Food Colors – as per your choice (i used 5 different colors)
Milk – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Eggs – 4
Step by Step Photos on how to make Rainbow Cake :
- Preheat the Microwave to 180 deg C.
- Grease the cake mould with butter. Dust it with Flour and set aside.
- Add Maida, Baking Powder, Baking Soda into a bowl and mix well. Now sieve this Mixture to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- Take 4 eggs, vanilla essence in a bowl. Mix well with a beater. Beat the egg mixture up to 3 to 4 mins using a egg beater until the eggs foam up and raise in quantity. Set aside.
- Add Butter and Sugar into a bowl and beat well until the butter blends well with sugar.
- Add half of the egg mixture into the butter mixture and blend slowly.
- Now Add the Maida mixture and slowly mix them.
- Add the remaining egg and mix them very slowly. Add milk and mix slowly.
- Now divide this mixture into 5 equal parts. (as i have taken 5 different colours i have divided into 5 equal parts)
- Add each food colour in each part for different colours and mix them evenly. Now 5 different colour mixtures are ready.
- Add the coloured mixtures into the cake mold one by one. First add the Blue color. The coloured mixture spreads on the base of the cake mold.
Now add the green color in the center of the cake Mold. It sets and gets its own design.
Now Add the Yellow colored mixture in the center of the cake. Then add the orange color.
- Finally add the red colored mixure in the center of the cake
- Add the mixture into the greased baking mould one by one.
- Tap the mould so that the mixture gets in well to all the corners.
- Now keep the baking mould into the preheated microwave and bake it for 15 mins or until done in 180 deg C.
- After 15 minutes, Once it is done, Insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake, if toothpick comes out clean, the cake is ready, If not bake for few more mins.
Once the cake is baked completely, leave the cake in the mould for 15 mins to cool.
Using a Knife release the edges of the cake.
Slice it as how you require and serve.
- Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature.
- Sieve the Maida mixture, do not omit this step.
- Make sure the beater is clean and dry while beating the eggs, or the eggs won’t raise in quantity.
- Do not add the egg mixture completely in one go or there are chances that the mixture might cuddle.
- Place a Butter paper in the bottom of the cake mould before adding the cake mixture into it.
- The Baking time might differ from different microwaves, Hence read the user manual of your microwave for instructions.
- The cake batter must not be more than half of the cake mould, as the cake is tend to raise it might overflow.
- Using a round cake mould is better so that the cake cooks well from all sides.
kids would really love this cake, i am not in favour of using food colour. Since this cakes are made especially for kids’ parties, choose organic colours.