|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 10 Min||| Total time: 20 Min|
|Recipe type: Snack||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: Multiple|
|Taste: Sweet with nutty flavour of Sesame Seeds|
White Sesame Seeds – 1/2 Cup
Jaggery grated- 1/2 Cup grated
Cardmom Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Water – 1/2 Cup
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sesame Ladoo:
- Dry roast the sesame seeds until they splutter. Set aside and cool them completely. Grate the jaggery. Add Jaggery and water and melt in a pan. Allow it to boil. Add the cardamom powder.
- Heat the Jaggery mixture such that it reaches the sticky consistency. To check if the consistency is correct add a drop of jaggery mixture in water, it must not dissolve in water it must reach the bottom of water and form a ball. At this stage add in the roasted Sesame Seeds. Mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Take out them and roll them firm with your palm into smaller balls.
- Enjoy the delicious Sesame Ladoo as a any time snack. It a healthy snack too.
- I have used organic jaggery in order to get rid of dirt and impurities in jaggery.
- White sesame seeds can also be replaced with black sesame seeds.
- When the Sesame Jaggery mixture is warm roll them into ladoos quickly.
- If the mixture dries out heat it again and roll them into ladoos.
- Clean your palm and pat it dry if you feel its too sticky.
Sesame Ladoo is prepared as a festive recipe for Ganesh chaturthi. Also this can be tasted as a any time snack.