Sponge Cake Recipe
|Prep time: 20 Min||| Cook time: 15 min||| Total time:35 min|
|Recipe type: Dessert||| Cuisine: World||| Yield / Serves: 1 Loaf|
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Unsalted Butter – 1/2 cup
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Eggs – 4
- Beat eggs and Vanilla essence using a whik or a beater until the egg foams up to 3 times the original quantity.
- Mix the flour, Baking Powder and Baking Soda and mix them together. Seive this mixture atleast 3 times to remove any lumps from the mixture.
- Whisk Butter so that it becomes even. Sieve the powdered sugar. Add the Powdered sugar and butter together and beat them to even consistency and there are no lumps.
- Add the Dry mixture into the butter mixture and mix them slowly. Add the milk. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Add the egg mixture little by little and mix slowly. After the egg mixture is added make sure to mix really slowly.
- Grease the Baking Tray with Butter and dust it with Maida.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- I have baked the cake for 15 minutes in 180 degrees. Bake the cake until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool down Completely. Remove it from the baking tray. Sponge Cake is now ready to serve.
Sponge cake is a Tea Time winner. Sponge Cake can be sliced and served with Jam. Or it can be topped up with butter cream and made into a Birthday Cake or an Anniversary Cake. This cake can also be served as a dessert. Another option is that this cake can be had with fresh fruits or fruit sauces and a scoop of ice-cream.
- After Beating the eggs and foaming up the egg mixture do not leave it idle for more time or the air incorporated into the eggs might escape and you may not get the desired cake.
- Baking time completely depends on the Microwave used and the Size of the Baking tray used. Hence read your microwave usermanual carefully before you start baking.
- Adding Vanilla Essence with the eggs removes the eggy flavour from the cake.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sponge Cake:
- Add Vanilla essence and eggs into a bowl and start beating them.
- Beat the eggs using a whisk or a beater until the eggs foam up to 3 times the original quantity.
- Add all the dry ingredients (All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder) and sieve them atleast 3 times so that they are mixed evenly.
- Seive the powdered sugar in order to avoid any lumps. Mix butter and sugar together and mix then until it reaches even consistency.
- Add the Butter Mixture and dry Mixture and mix them. Add the beaten eggs slowly and meax them slowly and really well. Make sure there are no lumps. Grease the Baking tray with butter. Add the Cake Mixture into the Baking tray and tap it so that the mixture reaches all the corners evenly.
- Preheat the microwave oven to 180 degree. Then start Baking the cake at 180 degree. I have baked the Cake for 15 minutes. Inset a tooth pick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean then it is ready, if not bake for some more time.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely before slicing it. Sponge Cake is now ready to be sliced and served.
Soft and Spongy is now ready
[Sponge Cake, Vanilla Cake, Basic Cake.]