Checkout other Gravy Recipes
Sundakkai Kulambu / Dried Turkey Berry Recipe
|Prep time: 10 Min||| Cook time: 15 min||| Total time:25 min|
|Recipe type: Side Dish||| Cuisine: Indian||| Yield / Serves: 4|
|Taste: Mildly Spicy with has Bitter taste|
Dried Sundakkai – 1/3 Cup
Coconut Grated – 1/3 Cup
Onion – 1 Chopped
Tomato – 2 Big Chopped
Chilli Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 2 Teaspoon
Oil – 1 TableSpoon + 1 Tablespoon for frying sundakkai
Mustard- 1/2 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves – a Spring
Salt – To taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sundakkai Kulambu / Dried Turkey Berry Gravy:
- I have used the dried sundakkai. Store Bought ones.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and heat it. Add the sundakkai and fry it until crispy. it takes around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cool Down the fried sundakkai. Add into a Mixer/Blender and grind them to a coarse powder. Set aside.
- Heat another Pan. Add Oil. Add Mustard. Wait until it splutters. Add Curry Leaves, Onion. Cook until the onion becomes glossy.
- Add Tomatoes cook until the tomatos become mushy.
- Add the fried Sundakkai Powder.
- Grind the coconut into a paste and add it into the mixtue and mix them.
- Add the Turmeric powder, Chilli Powder and Coriander Powder and salt to taste.
- Cook them until the oil seperates on the sides of the pan. Sundakkai Kulambu ready.
Serve Sundakkai Kulambu with Hot Steamed Rice and other vegetable sides dishes and Fryums.