Sweet Corn Pakoda is a great tea time snack.
- 2 Corn Cobs
- 3/4 Cup Gram Flour
- Required Salt
- Required Water
- 1 Onion
- fistful Coriander Leaves / Curry Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
- Required Oil
Chop and remove the corn kernels from the corn cobs.
Add in Onion Coriander Leaves/Curry Leaves, Ajwain Seeds, Gram flour, Salt and required water. Mix them.
Heat oil in a Wok for deep frying. Once the oil is hot enough add one tablespoon of mixture into the oil.
Cook in medium flame. Once the mixture is golden brown take them out of oil and place them in an absorbent paper for the excess oil.
Serve Hot Sweet Corn Pakoda with a cup of hot chai.
- Add only required water. If water is less the mixture would be powdery and it wouldnt hold shape while deep frying in oil.
- If the mixture is watery it would absorb more oil while deep frying.
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour and rice flour can be added to make the pakoda crispy. Do not add more rice flour or the pakoda would get harder.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Sweet Corn Pakoda
- Chop and remove the corn kernels from the corn Cob.
- Add in chopped onion and Curry Leaves/Coriander Leaves.
- Add in Ajwain Seeds, Salt to taste and Gram flour. Mix them.
- Add in Required water and mix them until it reaches a pasty consistency. Heat oil in a wok for deep frying. Add in one table spoon of sweet corn mixture at a time into the hot oil.
- Deep fry in medium flame until it turns golden brown. Once done take away from the hot oil and place in an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
- Serve hot sweet corn pakoda with a cup of hot chai.