Sweet Corn Palak Subzi / Spinach Sweet Corn Gravy
Recipe type: Side Dish | Cuisine: Indian | Yield / Serves: 2
For Green Paste
Palak – 1 Cup Blanched
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 5 fat pods
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Onion – 1 chopped
Garam Masala – 1.5 teaspoon
Water – as required
Fresh Cream – 3 tablespoon
Sweet Corn – 1/3 Cup
Salt – to taste
Step by Step Photos on how to make Spinach Corn Gravy:
- For blanching the palak leaves. Boil water in a bowl. Add in salt to taste. Once the water is hot enough switch off the flame and add in the palak leaves. Leave them for 3 minutes. Drain the water and set the leaves aside.
- Add ginger, garlic, blanched palak leaves in a blender and blend them into a smooth paste. Heat Butter in a Wok.
- When the butter starts melting add in onion and saute them until glossy. Add in the green paste and saute them in medium flame for 5 minutes. Add in the freshcream and cook for 2 minutes
- Add in garam masala and sweet corn and cook for 5 minutes in low flame.
- Rich and creamy palak corn is now ready to serve.
- Tomato paste can also be added to this subzi.
- Do not replace butter. Palak always tastes best when cooked with butter.