Ulundhu Kanji / Black Gram Porridge is a healthy breakfast option.
- 1/2 Cup Rice
- 1/4 Cup Urad Dal / Black Gram
- 1/4 Cup Moong Dal / Green Gram
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- Salt To Taste
- 6 Pods Garlic
- 5 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Grated
- Adding moong dal is completely optional.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Ulundhu Kanji / Black Gram Porridge
- Add in moong dal and Urad dal and dry roast them in low flame for few minutes. Switch off the flame. Add in the rice.
- Wash them well. Add in water. Add in fenugreek seeds and salt to taste.
- Add in garlic. Close the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Switch off the flame and allow the pressure cooker to release pressure on its own.
- Open the pressure cooker and heat them again. Add in water if the mixture is dry. Add in grated coconut. Cook until the coconut blends well. Switch off the flame.
- Serve them hot.