Urad Dal Kurma / Ulundhu Kurma is a healthy and filling side dish
- 1/2 Cup Urad Dal / Ulundhu
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 2 Green Chillis
- Salt To taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Cashews
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 Black Stone Flower
- 2 Cloves
Soak Urad Dal at least for 2 hours. Cook them with water and salt until soft.
Soak cashews and Poppy seeds for at least 30 minutes. Blend them into a fine paste.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in Fennel Seeds, Cinnamon, cloves, Bay Leaves, Black stone flower and fennel seeds. Saute until nice aroma comes out.
Add in onion, green chillis and ginger garlic paste and saute them until glossy.
Add in the white paste. Give a gentle stir. Add in required water. Add in salt to taste.
Cook until they bled well.
Finally garnish with coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Serve Urad dal kurma with rotis.
- While cooking urad dal do not make them mushy. It would spoil the taste of kurma.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Murungaikai Puttu / Drumstick Pulp stir fry
- Soak Urad Dal for atleast 2 hours. Cook them soft with salt. Drain the excess water and set them aside. Heat oil in a wok.
- Add in Bay Leaves cinnamon, Cloves, Star Anise, Black Stone flower and Fennel Seeds Saute until nice aroma comes out. Add on Chopped onion.
- Crush ginger and garlic and add them in. Saute until the onion gets glossy. Add in the cooked urad dal.
- Saute for few minutes. Soak Cashews and poppy seeds for atleast 30 minutes. Blend them into a smoothe paste.
- Add the paste into the urad dal. Add in required water. Add in salt to taste.
- Add in green chillis. Cook until the cashew paste and the masalas blend well. Garnish with coriander leaves and give a quick stir. Swithc off the flame.
- Serve them hot with rotis.