Peanut Chutney / Verkadalai Chutney is a great breakfast side dish.
- 1 Tablespoon Gingelly oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Small Tomatoes
- 1/3 Cup Peanuts / Groundnuts / Verkadalai
- Required Salt
- Required Water
Dry roast the peanuts. Cool them down. Mash them with your fingers so that the skin moves away from peanuts. Blow the skin out.
Heat oil in a wok. Add in Onion and saute until glossy.
Add in Tomatoes and salt to taste and saute until mushy.
Cool them down completely. Blend them all together with minimal water.
Serve peanut chutney with idli or dosa or any tiffin item.
- Tamarind can also be used for the tanginess.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Verkadalai Chutney / Peanut Chutney
- Dry roast peanuts. Cool them down. Mash them with your fingers. Blow on them so that the skin of the peanuts are removed.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in onion and saute until glossy.
- Add in tomatoes and salt to taste and saute until mushy. Cool them down. Add peanut with this mixture and blend them into a smooth paste with minimal water.
- Serve them with idli and dosa.