WaterMelon Halwa is too delicious
- 1 Watermelon Chopped and deseeded
- 1 Cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 3/4 Cup Jaggery Powdered
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Almonds Chopped
Chop watermelon and remove all the seeds.
Blend them into a smooth paste.
Add powdered jaggery and water in a wok and heat only until all the jaggery dissolves.
Strain them through a colander to remove any impurities.
Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a wok. Add in almonds and roast them. Set them aside.
In the same wok add in watermelon juice and Jaggery water.
Bring it to boil. Reduce the flame and add in the coconut milk. Leave it in low flame for 2 minutes.
Now increase the flame and leave it until the mixture thickens.
Add in cardamom powder.
When the mixture starts to thicken add in the remaining ghee.
Keep stirring until the halwa consistency is reached.
Add in the roasted almonds.
Delicious halwa is now ready to serve.
- Use a heavy bottom pan for making this recipe.
- Jaggery can be replace with cane sugar as well.
- Almonds can be replaced with any variety of nuts.
Step by Step Photos on how to make WaterMelon Halwa:
- Chop Watermelon and remove all the seeds from water melon. Set them aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a wok. Add in the chopped almonds and roast them. Remove the roasted almonds out of the ghee.
- Meanwhile add in jaggery and water in a bowl and heat them until the jaggery dissolves.
- Drain the jaggery water through the strainer to remove any impurities. Add in chopped watermelon into a blender and blend them into a smooth paste. Add in watermelon and jaggey water into the ghee. Let them cook in low flame for 2 minutes.
- Simmer the flame and add in coconut milk. Add in cardamom powder. Slowy increase the flame.
- If the mixture is too watery increase the flame. When the mixture gets thick reduce the flame. Add in 1 tablespoon of ghee. Keep stirring then and there. When the halwa reaches the right consistency add in the roasted almonds. Switch off the flame.
- Delicious halwa is now ready to serve.