Checkout other sundal recipes
Mochai and Carrot Sundal
Channa Dal Sundal
Black Channa Sundal
Pattani Sundal is a Yummy and healthy Snack
- 3/4 Cup Green Peas
- 2 tablespoon Carrot grated
- 2 tablespoon Mango grated
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard
- 2 Dry Red Chillis
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
- a pinch Asafoetida / Hing
Soak Green Peas in water overnight. In the morning place them in a airtight box and leave them in the refrigerator for 24 hrs. They start sprouting the next day.Take the sprouted green peas. Add them into boiling water. Add in salt to taste.
Let them cook soft. Switch of the flame and drain the excess water. Set them aside.
Heat oil in a Wok and add in mustard and allow it to splutter. Add in curry leave and saute them
Add in dry red chillis. Add in the grated carrot and mango and saute for 1 minute. The mangoes get mashed.
Add in hing/asafoetida. Add in the green peas and give a quick stir. Switch off the flame.
Healthy and nutritious green Peas sundal is now ready to be served.
- Coconut also can be used along with mango and carrot.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Pattani Sundal / Green Peas Sundal
- Soak Green Peas in water overnight. In the morning drain the excess water and store in a air tight container in the refrigerator for 24 hours. After 24 hours they would have sprouted. Wash them well and add them into boiling water.
- Add in salt to taste. Cook them until soft. Drain the excess water. Set them aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in mustard and allow it to splutter. Add in Curry leaves and saute them.
- Add in dry red chillis. Add in mango and carrot. saute them for 1 minute.
- Add in the cooked green peas.
- Give a quick stir. Switch off the flame. Tasty and healthy green peas sundal is now ready to be served.