Anchovies Patties / Nethili Meen Cutlet is a delicacy made out of Anchovies. Except for the cleaning part these patties are easy to make and delicious. They are a good snack and can be served as a snack too. I like to have it with tomato sauce.
Anchovies Patties / Nethili Meen Cutlet
- 500 Grams Anchovies / Nethili Meen
- Salt To Taste
- Oil For Deep Frying
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- Coriander Leaves Fistful
- ½ Cup Coconut Grated
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 10 Garlic Pods Small
- 1 Green Chilli
- Wash and clean the Anchovies. Remove the head and the tail. Slit in one side and remove the center bone.
- Add in Anchovies, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Coconut, Ginger, Garlic, Coriander Leaves, Green Chillis and salt to taste into a blender and pules them. Do not add water.
- Now remove the pasty mixture. Make patties and set them aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot enough drop in the patties carefully.
- Cook until the patties turn golden brown.
- Remove them from the oil and leave it in an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be removed.
- Anchovies patties are now ready to be served.
- Use fresh fish or the dish might become bitter.
- These patties can also be shallow fried in a flat tawa.
- I have used very less spice. If required increase the number of green chillies as per your requirement.
Step by Step Photos on how to make Anchovies Patties / Nethili Meen Cutlet:
- Wash and clean the Anchovies Nethili Meen. Remove the head and tail. Slit in the side and remove the bones from the fish.
2. Add the in Coconut, Ginger, Garlic, Green Chillis, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds and Coriander Leaves along with Anchovies and pulse in a blender. Do not add water.
3. Make Patties out of the mixture. Heat oil in a Wok. Make it very hot.
4. Drop the patties into hot oil one by one carefully. Simmer the flame. Let the patties cook for few minutes.
5. When the color of the patties becomes dark brown remove from hot oil.
6. Leave the patties in an absorbent paper for the excess oil to be absorbed.
Delicious patties are now ready to serve.