Due to Unplanned Travel Plans i could not cook something new for the protien rich themes. I think until this month end i cant cook anything new. I am away from my kitchen atleast from past 10 days. All my archives of Veg recipes are almost over or am not happy about my clicks with few of them. I always have Non Veg Recipes handy in archives. These are my life savers now. So the rest of my recipes for the protein rich Blogging Marathon theme running till the end of this month is going to be mostly Non Veg Recipes
Anchovies Stir Fry / Nethili Meen Varuval is a Nutritious and tasty stir fry.
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Fistful Curry Leaves
- 250 Grams Anchovies
- 2 Tablespoon Vinegar / Lemon Juice
- Required Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Clean the Fish. Remove the waste from the fish.
Add in all the marination ingredients into the fish. Leave it for atleast 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a wok.
Add in Curry Leaves. Roast Until crisp.
Remove them from oil. Add in the marinated fish into the same oil.
Roast the fish until they are completely cooked.
Stir gently. Add in the roasted curry leaves into the anchovies fry.
Anchovies stir fry is now ready to serve.
- Anchovies are tiny and tender fish and they cook very easily.
- While roasting the fish in coconut oil stir gently or the fish might break easily.
- Stirring the fish while roasting is essential as it might stick to the bottom.
- Apart from the marination time the anchovies stir fry can be made in under 30 minutes.
- Anchovies have tender bones. I still prefer removing the major bones before consuming
Step by Step Photos on how to make Anchovies Stir Fry / Nethili Meen Varuval
- Wash and Clean the anchovies. These fish range from very tiny to medium size. The one i have used is a tiny ones. Remove the waste from the fish as shown in the picture.
- Get Ready with the ingredients for marination.
- Add in all the ingredients listed under to marinate and leave for atleast 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok. Add in curry leaves and roast them crisp.
- Remove the curry leaves from the coconut oil. Add in the marinated fish.
- Keep stirring slowly until the fish is cooked completely.
- Add in the roasted curry leaves. Give a quick stir.
- Flavourful Anchovies stir fry is now ready to serve.